Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Long time no outing

This was one of these weekends where I was constantly dogged with the issue of "nothing special to do".. Now that the parents are gone, my house has kinda become the refuge for all my drunkard friends. This I think is another symptoms of my lil crisis, anything routine repels me to kingdom come. I kept insisting, we have been drinking at my place every weekend since my parents left.. I want an outing or there will be hell to pay, but once again after a of lot brainstorming we came to the realization that there's not much to do for a gang of four guys in a city filled with couple conducive activities..

Atleast earlier when I had the car we'd go out for a joy ride with bhau at the helm entertaining us pillions with his car driving escapades. Now with the car gone to god forsaken chennai the only entertainment that we are left with is a game of Fifa 08 on the PS2 which not everyone likes to indulge in. Man I miss my car.

I've really started feeling like I'm stuck in a rut like a 24 year old uncle and to make matters worse I see my brother enjoying his care free college days by having chics over from udaipur and his trips to kashid. All of this put together results in a very unfulfilled Vineet. But the weekend wasn't an absolute waste, the saving grace was a tiny lil KV GK reunion with ameya, zahid and me talkin bout the hay days and another walk down the nostalgia lane...

I was planning to enroll into a para gliding course but I had to shelve that idea due to lack of funds this month, that is what I need. I've gotten too much into a comfort zone not wanting to make new friends or discover newer avenues of weekend activities. Right, so just two more weekends before my bank account gets topped up and then I can start off with para gliding. Till then there's going to be more of the morose and unsatisfied Vineet..

No comments: